Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Spring Lip Colour Picks feat. Nyx, Mac, Bare Minerals,Charlotte Tilbury and Laura Mercier

Spring is very nearly upon us, well here in Birmingham it is getting a little warmer and so I am hoping those cold, bitter wintry days are gone. There is nothing nicer than seeing the beautiful sunshine and feeling the heat warm your face. I love warm weather and I have really been liking some lighter, brighter lip colours and I thought I would show you which colours I have been going to. First up is the NYX butter gloss in the shade Apple Strudel.


This is such a beautiful, peachy coral shade, and I love wearing this. It is a very sticky gloss, and so when you are outside and the wind is blowing, your hair will get caught on your lipgloss. But it really looks beautiful worn with a neutral eye, and coral cheek. It really gives a pretty spring look to your whole make up look.


This Mac lipglass called "Prrr" is a truly beautiful colour, and perfect for an everyday neutral workday lip colour. It is very glossy and gives a really pretty shimmer to your lips. It feels very moisturising and doesnt gather on any dry patches that you may have on your lips. The colour is a nude caramel shade and really flattering to any skin tone. This also looks so pretty worn over a nude lipliner to give the look a little shine.


This next shade from Bare Minerals is called "Miss Popular" and is a truly beautiful colour. This has to be one of my favourite lipglosses ever. It is a cool blue toned pink and is from their wonderful Marvellous Moxie range. This instantly screams Spring and Summer to me. I wear it on it's own or sometimes I have evn worn it over a dark lipstick and it instantly lightens it, and gives it a whole different look. It is such a versatile product and if you have not got this in your collection, I really think you should purchase it, as it is a definite must.


Lipliners, are a thing that I have only just really got into. I never used to really bother with them, and really did not see the point in using them. But now, I see how they really give your lip look a good sturdy base to apply your lipstick onto and makes it last a lot longer instead of wearing off straight away after you have eaten or drank anything. They stop your lipstick bleeding and make the lip look so much more polished and neat, that now I barely ever go without using a lip liner. One of my go to lip liners is Charlotte Tilburys "Pillow Talk". It is a beautiful nude with just a hint of terracotta brown to it, and looks just as good worn on it's own as a simple work lip look or I wear it with one of the glosses listed above over the top of it, to give a pretty sheen. Such a great neutral liner, that everyone needs to own, as it goes so pretty with nude lip colours, or pink lipcolours, or even some coral shades.


The last shade I have chosen is Laura Mercier's lip liner in the beautiful "Plumberry". This is a gorgeous lipliner and very creamy when you apply it to your lips.It is a nude with a hint of pink/plum, but not too much, that it looks too bright and intense. This product I wear at least twice a week, and is raved about in many blogs and YouTube reviews, with good reason. A truly great lipliner that is great worn on its own or as a base for a lipstick or gloss to go over the top of it. I love to wear a clear lipgloss over it, just to add a touch of moisture as all lipliners can feel a little drying, and to allow the Plumberry colour to show through.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my go to Spring lip colour picks, and hope I have inspired you to use lipliners if you don't already.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...