Tuesday, 5 May 2015

April 2015 Favourites

Last month was a very hard month for me, and I really never focussed on anything beauty wise, I was just in too much pain. So everyday was just simply a routine of using products that I knew worked well for me and not switching anything up. A mascara that I have quite simply fallen in love with is the Benefit's Roller Lash mascara. It is fantastic, really gives my lashes great curl, and length and it does not transfer onto my upper eye area, which a lot of mascaras can do.
I had done quite a lot of shopping on Ebay last month, due to me not being able to get out and about to do any retail therapy and 2 products I ordered that I had heard a lot about, and they were the Macadamia Natural Oil range of shampoos and conditioners.


Now, I will admit these are pricey for haircare products and I think I paid just under £30 for the 2 of them, but I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and whether they lived up to the hype. Let me tell you, they really do. They smell quite a bit like bananas and feel very luxurious and moisturising. The shampoo lathers up beautifully, and really leaves my hair feeling soft and very clean. The conditioner you do have to be very careful with as it is such a thick product, that it is all too easy too apply too much and if it is not rinsed out properly, sometimes it felt as if there was still residue in my hair. So I reduced how much I used and my hair felt a lot better. You get a lot of product in these bottles and I wash my hair every day and it has lasted me nearly a month and so thats very impressive for me.
This Aussie body wash is fantastic. I love it. As with the Aussie haircare, the bodywash is fantastic value for money and lathers up so easily, that you only need a little bit on your sponge. It is a huge bottle, and I have even used it on my little boy when he has his showers and he loves the smell of it, as sometimes some shower gels are, as Daniel describes "too girly". The shower gel really leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean, and fresh.
As I have been feeling so tired of an evening, speed of removing my make up has been essential. I bought this Simple Micellar water to see if it would be anything as good as my beloved Garnier Micellar Water, and truth be told, the Simple one is fantastic too. It really leaves my skin feeling clean, and it is very gentle when used on my eye makeup, and really removed my mascara and stubborn gel eyeliner very quickly and without irritating my eyes. A really good product all round.
I have a real love/hate relationship with BB creams and CC creams. I just can't seem to get ones that I like and that give me a finish that I love, apart from the Rachel K CC cream, so when I saw this Bourjois one I really thought it was not going to suit me. But, I wanted to get it, to try and see if it was any different to the ones I had tried in the past. This CC cream is simply AMAZING!!  and I have been wearing it lots ever since I purchased it. The coverage on this product is brilliant, almost as good as a Bourjois foundation,and really left my skin feeling smooth and my blemishes covered and really helped to hide the rosacea I have. Bourjois have totally changed my mind on how I view CC creams, and I will not be parting with this product, any time soon.

Normally, white/cream/light pink polishes are the bane of my nail loving life. Most often, they are either too sheer you cannot tell that you have even applied a colour, or they are that streaky that you have to apply layer after layer to get a smooth, even finish and end up with it chipping off an hour later due to it being too thick. But this O.P.I shade in Alpine Snow is really pretty. Sometimes, white polishes can look too much as if you have applied Tippex on your nails, but this is different, it left my nails feeling neatly manicured and just a classic look that would go with any outfit. It was easy to apply, and only took 3 coats to look pretty and finished.


I love a lipstick that takes hardly any effort, and I have had Mac's Angel in my collection for a good few years and this is one of those lipsticks. It is a lipstick that is "my lip colour but better" shade, and is dusky rose pink in colour. It is such a lovely creamy formula, and looks great for a classic workday lip or for a posh evening make up look. I think it is a lip colour that every girl needs in their lipstick wardrobe.

I hope you have enjoyed this April favourites post, and let me know in the comments what you have been loving lately.

Love and Hugs





6 comments:

  1. I adore Roller Lash, but other than that I've not tried any of these yet. I'll definitely have to pick up Angel though!
    Great picks :)
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to try these. They are really good.

      Delete
  2. I really need to pick up the Roller Lash mascara, everyone is raving about it. Great post :)

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic, a total must buy x

      Delete
  3. would love to see a swatch of the mac lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry I forgot to do the swatch. Will try to remember for another post very soon x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...