Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Glossybox May 2015 review.

I do have an on/off love affair with Glossy box. I was subscribed to them for a good couple of years, and then I found I was not using the products that were being sent to me, so I cancelled my subscription to them. Not only that but I was trying to save money and so ended all my subscriptions to nearly everything. But I found I was really missing my Glossybox every month, and kept reading other bloggers posts on what they had been recieving and so I re subscribed. I was so excited when I saw that my first box had arrived and was in a real rush to open it and find out what had been sent to me.

First out, was the card giving you descriptions of the products that were included in the box and more details on packaging sizes and total RRP value. So first out was the Zerreau Beauty Towel Off Shampoo Foam.

You are supposed to massage the foam directly and generously into the hair to release the grease and oil, then whilst still soapy just towel dry to remove it and then style as normal. Well, this has me totally intrigues and I will be experimenting with this for the next few days to see if it works, and will write a blog post all about it. It is alcohol free, paraben free, Triclosan free and PH balanced. It is not tested on animals and has a fragrance of apples.
Next up is an eye crayon from Mememe Cosmetics in the shade Midnight Blue.If you have been a follower of mine for a while you will know how much I love their products, but I really am not sure of this. There is a dark blue shade on one end and a turquoise shade on the other, both beautiful colours, but I am really starting to become aware that I am just not suited to bright colours on my eyes. I really do try and purchased the new Make Up Geek foiled shadows in the greens and light pinks but I thought I looked okay and then later during the day, I saw myself in a mirror, and it just looked awful. So, I will wear this eye crayon one day soon and see if I am comfortable with it, or if not it will be gifted or sold on.
This is a moisturisng aloe vera gel from Etre Belle, that can be applied to the facial area both mornings and evenings and is supposed to smooth and moisturise the skin.The elasticity of the skin is supposed to improve considerably too, so I will look forward to trying this out too. I love anything aloe vera as it just feels so cooling when applied onto the skin so I am hopeful that I will love this. There is 40mls in the little plastic tube and looks like it will last a good long while. When I saw I was getting a Nails Inc product in the box, I was so excited and couldn't wait to see what shade I had recieved, I was so disappointed when I saw it was just a top coat. I don't normally wear top coats as I change my nail colour so often. But hopefully, I can either gift it on or it will sit in my drawer for a while. This for me, was the let down of the box.
The last product in the box was a lipstick from the brand Collection. I only have one concealer from them, and I love it, so it is so nice to add a lipstick to my stash now too.
It is in the shade Tulip, which is a beautiful matte, corally pink, just perfect for this summery time of year, well, it is supposed to be Summer, but I don't think anyone has told Mother Nature that yet, as it is still freezing cold, and grey here in Birmingham, UK. It is very creamy to apply, and is a full size item which retails at £2.99.

Well, that is the round up of this month's Glossybox contents. What do you think? Are you subscribed to Glossybox? Let me know in the comments, I love to hear your thoughts.

Till next time,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...