Wednesday, 27 May 2015

My Weight And Me

Yep, if you had thought I had given up on my weight loss journey, you were right. I had been doing so well with Slimming World and had lost 1 stone 10lbs and I was so impressed with myself, but, then I hit a barrier. From August 2014 to November 2014, the weight loss was slow but steadily the weight was coming off. I have never been one of those lucky people who can lose loads of weight in 1 week. When I first joined I only lost 3lbs in my first week, where some people can lose half a stone, but nope, not me. So gradually, every week it was either 1 or 1 and a half pound losses and that was ok, the imaginary weight line was still going down. But, then it was if my body just said "HALT!!"

In 8 weeks from the November to the January of this year, I lost 2lbs, then maintained, then gained it back, then lost it again and I just could not get past this barrier. It was so frustrating and every week I felt like I was hammering my head against a brick wall. So the last week I attended back in January, I really went for it, drank loads of water, ate loads of speed food, had my allowance of sins, and stepped on the scales and what did it say "MAINTAIN"!!!!

I could have cried, and in fact, I snatched up my coat and bag and walked out. There were other people there who had cheated and had chinese, and chippy and drank and lost 3 lbs!!!! I was so demotivated and vowed never to go back. But, something had to give and a couple of weeks ago I decided I had to go back, for my health if for nothing else. Don't get me wrong, in the 4 months I had been away I only put on half a stone which wasn't bad I don't think, especially when I had been eating cakes and chocolates and full sugar pop again.

So, last week, with my head held high, I walked back into class. It was great to see everyone again, and it was good that the support was still there. Once class was over, I decided to start cooking again and really get inspired by other slimmers on Instagram. I have really been enjoying eating fruits and vegetables again, and spending time making my meals. Yes, it is hard to find motivation when you have been at work all day and you are tired but I have to make the effort if I want to see the results on the scales. This week, I went to my first official weigh in back after my absence and I had lost 2lbs!!!

I was so thrilled, as all day I had been panicking that I would have maintained or put on. I felt like an astronaut in space could have seen my smile, I was smiling that much. So, I am going to continue co on my journey and I have to remember that I just have to keep trying, no matter what and to try not to get discouraged when I see people that are losing a lot more weight than myself in just 1 week. I have decided that once a week on my blog I am going to give a little update on how I have done and then post a recipe that I have made in that week.

I guess my weight will be something I will be battling with for the rest of my life, and I am damn sure that I am going to keep fighting hard to get slim and keep healthy.

Please let me know in the comments if you are on a weight loss journey, I would love to know how you are doing and then hopefully we can all inspire and support each other.

Love and Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Losing a pond a week is actually the healthiest way to do it so don't get discouraged! And don't compare your progress to others either, because everyone's metabolism is different! You're doing great! Just the fact that you are making an effort to be healthy is a step in the right direction and should make you feel proud! And honestly, it's better to be and feel healthy than to be a certain weight (that may not even be ideal for your body type). Don't focus on what the scale tells so much as how you feel and how your clothes fit! You're gorgeous and doing great so keep on keeping on chica! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops..I meant a pound a week! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sabrina, your support means a lot x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...