Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Another Little Haul feat. Seventeen, Urban Decay, Chanel, Kat Von D and Tarte

I am always on the look out for new beauty items, and  have really been on the hunt for more coloured eyeliners. I love my black gel eyeliners but on some days I just want a little touch of color on the waterline, and I know one brand that always has lovely colours in their eyeliner selection and that is Urban Decay. I love their black eyeliner in Perversion, and the brown coloured liner in Smog, and so when I saw the Navy Blue glitter eyeliner in the shade "LSD" I knew I had to have it in my collection.


The swatch looks as if the liner is black but I can assure you it is a really pretty shade of blue. Another liner that I saw when I was browsing on Ebay was "Azurite Green" from the Tarte Skinny Smouldereyes range.This eye liner is waterproof, and so is great for me at the moment, as I am really struggling with watery eyes, and I don't know why, so hopefully this liner will stay in the waterline longer.


This colour is truly beautiful and is a proper deep green in tone and really does stay in the waterline. I love this liner and adds a lovely pop of colour to a neutral eye or a dark smoky eye look. I love products that speed up the whole beauty process and especially when it comes to making nail polish dry faster, and the next repurchase is a product that I have loved in the past, and thats the Sally Hansen Instadry top coat.

It is great if you are in a rush but you have to get your nails looking beautiful for a day/night out. You just apply the colour polish you want, then apply a layer of this over the top and with 5-10 minutes your nails are dry. Not only does this product dry nails in minutes but it gives a really beautiful shine to your nails, and helps to make them look healthy. With mascaras, I love my drugstore brands, but then occasionally I am temoted to make a high end purchase and this was the case with the Chanel Le Volume De Chanel mascara.


I am so glad that I own this mascara, it is fantastic with a natural bristle brush but gives length, volume and definition to my boring straight, short lashes. I can see this mascara really becoming one of my holy grail mascaras, right up there with my L'Oreal Voluminous and Benefit's They're Real. There is nothing more confidence raising than a bright red lip for me. I love it, because you can be feeling really tired, or unwell, and a bright red lip can instantly make your make up look finished and polished even if you only have a BB cream and a slick of mascara on. This red shade in "Adora" from Kat Von D is stunning and just look at the pretty packaging the lipstick is encased in.



Last, but certainly not least is a new define and contour kit from the range Seventeen. I am always interested in contour products as lately my face has been looking very fat and so really want a look that makes my cheeks look slimmer and more defined and this is a really good product and very inexpensive.


As you can see this product has been very well loved and I have been wearing it a lot since I bought it. They are really smooth and creamy when applied to the cheeks and so blend into the skin easily. I have used brushes and my fingertips to apply the bronzer and the highlight to my cheeks. I have even used the highlight shade to define the bridge of my nose to make it look slender, and then just added a touch to my cupids bow too.

A lot of people ask whether I prefer drugstore brand sor high end brands, and for me the answer is always BOTH. You can great products that are inexpensive but then you can get fantastic products that are high end, but I will say the drugstore brands are really upping their game when it comes to the quality of their products, and Seventeen is definitely one of those brands.

I hope you have enjoyed this post,and feel free to let me know in the comments what you have purchased lately.

Till next time,




4 comments:

  1. I love this! I just recently bought my first ever naked pallet, it's so pretty! I love earth tones with eyeshadow, matched with light pink lipstick for the day, and red lipstick for the night. I love seventeen's products also, and completely agree with what you said about high end/drugstore brands. Personally I think it's really important to have a balance, as high quality products are great, but so are good bargain buys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading, you can't go wrong with any of the Naked palettes, I cannot wait for the new Smoky one to come out. xx

      Delete
  2. The Urban Decay pencil looks amazing. Really like the shade. That lipstick is really pretty to x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye pencils are really pretty. Thankyou for reading xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...