Monday, 1 June 2015

May 2015 Favourites

Last month was all about a bronzed cheek look for me and the 2 products which have really been regulars every week were the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow and the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer. They are totally amazing products and day after day I just kept reaching for them. Not only did I use them as Bronzers, but when I was in a real hurry, I was just using them to quickly sweep a little across my eyelids for a quick eyeshadow look too.



I will admit, as you can probably tell from the photo, I have not touched the highlight side, as I just love the "Sculpt "side so much. It is just the right tone without being too grey or orange and so is great for every day.


With the Hourglass bronzer you have to be a little more careful as, although it doesn't look intense in the pan, it can be very pigmented if you don't tap any excess off your brush before applying. It is such a beautiful powder bronzer though and has some of the ambient lighting powder running through it. For foundation I have been using my stash and have been loving an oldie but a goodie, in the Max Factor Ageless Elixir foundation. This is a good foundation to get as it contains a primer within the foundation and so it cuts a little step out of your beauty routine if you are always in a hurry. I think I am nearly at the end of it though, as can't see much left in the tube. It gives a lovely velvet matte finish, and if I had not got as many foundations as I have to work through I would definitely repurchase this.
The mascara that I am just in love with at the moment is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. Let's face it Maybelline do some amazing mascaras and this one is no different. It definitely volumises my lashes and gives them great lift and curl. This mascara is a great one to get if you feel that your lashes are quite sparse, and you want them to look fuller. This definitely does the job.

My eye look has more or less been the same the whole month. Neutral cool toned matte eye shadow looks with more emphasis on the liner and lashes. The liner I have really been enjoying using is an oldie but a goodie in Mac's Black track fluidline. I love a thick dark liner and this just delivers every time. It is easy to apply with an eyeliner brush, you just dip in the pot and apply. It is just so easy and effortless to get the look that I like, that I have just used it over and over again.


The Full Exposure palette from Smashbox is a great tried and trusted palette, that has just given me the matte, neutral clean eye look all month. I just sweep, across the lid, into the crease, maybe a little colour on the outer V and then blend, blend, blend.


I have only just recieved this nail polish 2 weeks ago, but I have been wearing it constantly and got so many nice compliments on it, that I felt I just had to include it, and it is Essie's Absolutely Shore. It is a beautiful matte pale green/cream and is just gorgeous. I thought because it was so light that it was going to be streaky and require loads of coats of it to look pretty, but my normal 2 coats and the polish was perfect. Totally recommend this shade to everyone.

Well, those were my favourite products for the last month. Let me know what your favourites were, I love to find great new products.

Till next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...