Wednesday, 3 June 2015

My Weight And Me: Week 1

Last week I felt I had worked quite hard and stuck to the plan religiously, eating porridge and fruit for my breakfast, and I was cooking fresh meals from scratch like the one in the photo above, I will leave the recipe down below. I was having my syns and healthy a's and b's but then Saturday struck!! I knew I was going to struggle as it was the day my ex husband remarried and this was horrendously hard for me to deal with. But at 2pm, it was as if the devil was in me, and round the corner shop I went and came back with chocolates and cake. Not only that over the course of the weekend I managed to eat 6 pieces of white toast!!! All I can say is that I seriously regretted it after eating them because I had worked so hard and then ruined it in the space of 24 hours. Well, Monday evening came, and I was dreading it, but found that even though I had been naughty I had lost half a pound! Now the old me, would have felt like "just half a pound" and felt disappointed. But the new Zoe was thrilled that I had lost some weight and those figures were going down. So now my weight is at 10 stone 2lbs. I am hoping that by revealing my weight to you all, this will help me stay accountable to you all in making sure I stick to the diet. I also, have been posting my meals on Instagram and Facebook to encourage me to stick to healthy and nutritious meals.

The one meal that I cooked last week was Slimming World's Mac "n" Cheese and it was delicious. Here is the recipe.

SW Mac "n"Cheese

Serves 4
Ready in 50 minutes.

300g dried macaroni
Frylight
1 red onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar, finely chopped
1 courgette, coursely grated
400ml vegetable stock
200g fat free natural cottage cheese
1tsp english mustard powder mixed with 1 tsp water
2 eggs lightly beaten
160g reduced fat cheddar coarsely grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a salad of mixed leaves and thinly sliced yellow peppers to serve

1)Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, then drain well and tip into a wide mixing bowl.

2)Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with Frylight over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and courgette and cook, stirring for 2 -3 minutes. Add to the macaroni.

3)Put the stock, tomato puree, cottage cheese, mustard, and eggs in a jug and whisk until smooth. Pour this over the macaroni mixture, then stir in three quarters of the Cheddar. Season and toss well.

4) Transfer to a shallow, ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar and bake for 15-20minutes or until bubbling and golden. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve with the salad.

Simple and delicious. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it.

Till next time,

3 comments:

  1. ooo nice recipe! :) Great post, I'm trying to shape up too so will be good to see your progress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is lovely. You should definitely try it. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...