Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Colourpop's Metamorphosis Quad

It is so hard being a beauty lover in the UK, and not being able to try those make up brands that are based in the US. If you do manage to get your hands on them, then it is normally weeks or even months until you can try them out, which is relatively late when you are trying to bring new and interesting content to your blog. This was the case for me with the much adored and raved about Colourpop Cosmetics. Every US beauty blogger and vlogger were raving about how wonderful their eyeshadows were, and no matter what I tried for weeks and weeks I was unable to get my hands on anything.

Then one day, I happened to be browsing on Ebay and BAM!! There they were! Some of their lippie stix were displayed and some of their single shadows, then I saw the one quad that I had been after, the much coveted Metamorphosis palette. This quad was made in collaboration with the amazing vlogger "Coffee Break With Dani". There had been others that had been made with other YouTubers but this has been the only one I could get my hands on. But don't you worry, the eyeshadow hoarder in me will be watching out for the others.

I love that the packaging has a butterfly on it in lovely gold print, and love the colour of the packaging. The front cover slides off to reveal the four shadows inside.
I like the fact that the four shadows are actually single pots, and not in a palette as you would have thought.

This group of four shadows is beautiful, and I am sorry for my finger imprints in the shadow, but I just could not wait to swatch them and try them out. Here are some close ups of the individual shadows.


Strength is a matte caramel brown shadow, and is extremely buttery and pigmented. A great shadow to have in your collection for neutral and smoky looks. I have loved using this as a transition shade in the crease to help blend out any harsh lines in the eye look.

Hope is a at first glance a plain white shadow, but looks can be deceptive because when you swatch it, it has a beautiful pink shimmer that catches the light and really brings a gorgeous duochrome to the look. I love this shadow and can see me wearing this a lot, because of it being so versatile and can add a pop of pink sheen to a neutral look. It is a gorgeous shade to wear in the inner corner of your eye. It reminds me of a beautiful opal gemstone with the different colours flashing through.
Kindness is a beautiful colour, and very remniscent of Mac's Club shadow or the Blue Brown pigment, and the bottom right shadow in the Wet nWild Comfort Zone palette. This shadow has so many colours running through it, that no matter which way you look at it there are different colours there. In some lights, there is blue, red, brown, purple, green. It is a total myriad of different tones and totally vamps up any look that you decide to do. You definitely need this shadow in your collection as I am sure you will not find another that would give you the intensity of different tones in it.

Bravery is a gorgeous  matte dark brown and great for deepening up a lighter shadow and perfect for using as an eyeliner on the lower lash line, if you want a more softer look. All of these shadows are extremely buttery smooth and almost have a mousse like quality to their consistency. They are very pigmented but easy to use and you get hardly any fall out from them, which is great, and shows  that the shadows are of a really high quality. Here are the four shadows swatched.
To be honest the swatches dont do the shadows justice, as you cant see the different colours running throughout Hope and Kindness. But they are fantastic shadows and I will be on the lookout for me to add to my collection. I hope you have enjoyed this post about the Colourpop Cosmetics quad, and look out tomorrow, as I will have a Get Ready With Me post using the four shadows.

Till next time,


4 comments:

  1. These look awesome! Did you buy them brand new off eBay? I'm always dubious about buying makeup from eBay. These look lovely though and I bet they're really pretty on! Can't wait to see them in a makeup look!

    Natalie xx
    www.bigsocietygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It was brand new off Ebay. I get a lot of my brand new American brands off Ebay, never had a problem so far. Touch wood. xx

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to have found this on Ebay! I will definitely keep an eye out on there for Colourpop bits. It's definitely a disadvantage of being a UK beauty lover when you can't get brands like Colourpop here! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | Win a Travalo Perfume Atomiser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that we can't get our hands on American brands, especially when you know they are such good quality. I really wish we had Milani over here too. Their lipsticks and blushes look amazing. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...