Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Get Ready With Me: feat. Colourpop Cosmetics Metamorphosis Quad

If you read yesterday's blog post. you will have seen how I talked about how good the Colourpop Cosmetics Metamorphosis quad was and how I couldn't wait to start using it. So I thought I would show you the kind of look I achieved by using the palette. To start off, I always use a good primer to prep and smooth the skin before applying my foundation. The primer I have been loving lately is the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer. With my fingertips, I just add a small amount to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and then in circular motions smooth it into my skin.
I leave the primer to sink into the skin for a little while and then again with my fingertips blend the Urban Decay naked Skin foundation into my face. I normally use 2 pumps of it to cover the whole area. With some foundations I only need 1 or even just 1 and a half pumps, but because the Urban Decay foundation is so liquid in texture and quite thin in consistency, then I like to use more of it to give more coverage.
This foundation is fantastic and this is my second bottle of it, and that is unusual for me, as I have so many foundations that I don't tend to finish them very often, but this is amazing. For concealer, I have stiuck to an oldie but a goodie, and that is the Mac prolongwear concealer. I will say just like many other YouTubers and bloggers have said that the dispenser on this packaging is rubbish, because you just cannot control how much of the product comes out and invariably, you always end up with far too much, even if you try to be very careful. But that said, it is a great concealer and really helps to cover up the darkness under my eyes and brightens up my whole look.
Then to set it I have been using the Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt brush to sweep the Mac Studio Fix powder all over it to ensure no creasing during the day. Especially concentrating on my T-Zone where I do tend to get oily in this warmer weather.
Sorry that the packaging is covered in foundation, but at least you can tell I am using it right?!? Now onto the actual eye look. I use Painterly paintpot to create a base for the shadows to sit on, and sweep it all over the eye area, all the way up to the brow bone. Then I used the matte caramel brown colour "Strength" from the Metamorphosis quad and with a fluffy brush applied it quite generously into the crease area and in the outer V portion of the eye socket.
Then with the beautiful  "kindness" shade from the quad, I patted this just over the centre of my lid, to give the look a real intense and shimmey feel. This is such a pretty shadow.
To brighten the whole eye, I used the white shadow with the pink shimmer just ever so lightly underneath the browbone and in the inner corner of the eye. I just lightly patted it, as I didnt want it to be the first thing you saw when you looked at my eyeshadow.
Normally, I like a thick jet black line for my eyeliner, but just lately I have been wanting a much softer look, so that it didnt over power the rest of the look, and so with the darkest shadow from the Metamorphosis quad, I just gently tapped the tip of an eyeliner brush into the colour, and then swept it gently under my lower lash line to pull the whole look together.
Mascara wise, I have gone back to an old faithful the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express. It is great for giving your lashes length and fullness. On the top lashes I just apply 2 thick coats,as I like a really dramatic look with my lashes, and on the lashes, I just apply 1 light coat.

I'm feeling as if my skin is looking quite pale and pasty at the moment, so to deepen my whole look Hoola bronzer has been my go to cheek product. This is a gorgeous bronzer and one of my all time favourites to use.
If you are in the market for a new bronzer and you have not yet tried Benefit's Hoola, then I highly recommend it. My lip colour I wanted quite light and pretty as I wanted the eye look to be the whole focus and Mac's Creme Cup is a beautiful blue based pink and is great for both day time looks, and night time looks, so is a very versatile colour to have in your collection.
Here is the finished look.

Here is a close up of the eye look.
As you can see, it is quite a light make up look, but I really like it, and will be using the Colourpop Metamorphosis quad for a long time to come. I hope you have enjoyed this post and please let me know in the comments if you recreate this look, or if you own this palette and what you think of it.

Love and Hugs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...